Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dripping

and no, that´s not a reference to the weather ;)

I have succumbed to the cold, well I think its more like flu. But I´ve made it to Astorga (gotta love the Spanish rail system) and now in a very nice old albergue with a lovely courtyard, big wooden beams, stone walls and friendly staff.

I will venture out soon for a beer (that´s always good for the flu) and maybe sketch the cathederal - haven´t done any drawing since France! it´s hard when your day revolves around packing, walking, washing, eating, sleeping...I have to say it does get a little monotonous sometimes.

But I´m itching to get back on the path, hopefully this flu will have calmed down a little, my feet are feeling better and if I walk shorter distances it should all be good.

I´m heading into the mountains again, should be wonderful scenery - the highest point is 1500m and that´s where you place the stone - Cruz de Ferro - that you brought from home - the one I´ve meant to have been rubbing all my cares and woes into...oops, guess there´s still time


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Megan

We're about to set off on the Camino and your blog is really interesting. I think we might take a tent to give us more bedding down options as it sounds busy.

Megan I think we may have met in Melbourne - in the Paddy Palin shop, you were looking at boots and telling me that your Keen sandals were very comfortable? We had a quick chat about the Camino, and all I remember is that you're from Canberra were planning to set off on Anzac Day. Anyway, I might be crazy, or I might not!

Happy walking

Jane

Megan said...

Hi Jane

Yep that was me - what a small world!

I think taking a tent would be a good option - I can´t see the crowds letting up. So far, touch wood, I haven´t had to go without a bed and spending a night or two in a good hotel has done wonders for my sleep deprivation!

Don´t forget your ear plugs...industrial strength are recommended.

buen camino
Megan